3/21/2005

I'm it.

This little game was passed onto me by Elissa and I have to say I marvel at her ability to do this in a spare five minutes, it has taken me over an hour.

I just got off the phone to my sister in my endeavours to track down the name of the artist and song title to question number 3. I have a shocking memory for song titles, lyrics and artists - couldn't get any worse than that really I mean that's what makes up music after all.

I am the sort of person who really wants to just launch into song with gusto but it's a bit embarassing because I will get the chorus TOTALLY wrong, so I kind of mumble sing hoping no one can tell how dumb I am when it comes to singing really!

1. Total number of music files on your computer.

570 items and 36 hours of music.

2. The last CD you bought was...?
We are very naughty and haven’t bought music for a while, as we have been copying it or downloading it. The last CD copied was The Dears –‘ no cities left’

3. What is the last song you listened to before reading this message?

Saturday night at Women in Voice the very last song they played was Joni Mitchell for their third and final encore and was absolutely fantastic, it was "Big Yellow Taxi." I was singing this all the way out of the theatre up until we had trouble finding a cab to get home.

Don’t it always seem to go
That you don’t know what you’ve got

Till it’s gone
They paved paradise
And put up a parking lot
Mmmmmm, bop, bop bop, bop, bop

4. Name five songs you often listen to or which mean a lot to you.

This is difficult but I would have to say the songs that really mean a lot were songs that I have picked for some significant events in my life so be prepared for a bit of mush. Although I have heard worse in my student days when I worked in a restaurant that was a bit of a wedding reception factory at 8 wedding reception a weekend sometimes. "You are the wind beneath my wind" wears thin after the one hundredth time and has a gag factor of 10 out of 10! (Apologies to anyone who may have used that song – but you only heard it once!)

"I’ve got you under my skin" – sang by a fabulous singer in the band we had at our wedding, the song we chose to dance. And it was piped into the examination rooms when I lay getting my first ultrasound in which I saw Elliot! Love the Vince Jones version.

"Someone to watch over you" – Nat King Cole (I will always think of my mother when I listen to him, and the my sign off name "Lushlife" is because of my liking of his music. My sister sang a version of this song at Elliot’s Naming Day

"Arms of the Angel" by Sarah MacLachlan – sang by my sister at Gabriella’s Naming Day

The moody melancholic songs of my yesteryear, post University, pre-P while having way too much time on my hands, and we were all on the brink of discovering the world outside university and what our next commitments would be, career, travel, and partners:

I wallowed in:

"Circle" by Edie Brickel –
I quit -- I give up
Nothing's good enough for anybody else
It seems
And being alone is the best way to be

When I'm by myself it's the best way to be
When I'm all alone it's the best way to be
When I'm by myself nobody else can say goodbye

*Could I have played anything MORE depressing?

And played liberally after coming out of a funk:

"I can see clearly now the rain has gone" – by Hothouse Flowers

"Gone are the dark clouds that had me blind
It's going to be a bright, bright sunshiny day
I think I can make it now the pain has gone
And all of the bad feelings have disappeared
Here is the rainbow I've been praying for
It's gonna be a bright, bright sunshiny day "

Boy I am so obvious - how cheesy it seems now!

5. Which three people are you going to pass this stick on to, and why?

OLS – who would have absolutely no trouble completing this questionnaire and I wouldn’t be surprised if she has already filled it out!

Anyresemblance – because I am curious to see whether her girls are having an influence on her music or vice versa?

Jellyfish – hopefully if she gets a chance because although she is currently very, very busy I bet she would be able to answer this in a flash otherwise. I know her taste is diverse and sometimes a touch lame, it is never boring and always interesting in a very cool way!

4 Comments:

At 9:30 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

*lol* You're right, I was answering it as I was reading... but no, I haven't done it before. I will though, and will post it on my blog.

- OLS

 
At 12:06 am, Blogger Jellyfish said...

It's one am. But the gauntlet, she has been thrown down... and how can I not accept?

*scampers away to start working it out*

 
At 10:12 pm, Blogger Amanda said...

Thank you all, I look forward to reading your answers. Don't push yourself too hard Ms Jelly, especially on account of the game.

 
At 12:26 pm, Blogger Jellyfish said...

ok - it'll be up this afternoon! sorry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home