5/25/2005

Interview questions

In an attempt to motivate myself to get back into the posting groove, I put my hand up for some interview questions from this person.
Here are the questions and the answers:

1. Do you arrange your CDs in any particular order? what is it and why?

I have all our CDs in two big drawers under our bookcase and there is an arrangement of sorts, jazz all together, classical all together, Australian rock, Brit Pop, mellow men, mellow women. It's certainly not arranged alphabetically or even in order of purchase but based on more of a musical style arrangement. I know I can certainly be anal i.e. the whole making coffee and dishwasher cutlery organisation but I have drawn te line at alphabeticising the CDs I think that would just be going way too far.

2. What was the best thing about the birthday party that just took place?
There were so many bests but I would have to say the top of my list is that I totally loved the company of my girl friends - I have great female friends who have always known how to party up a storm, I had them and many good times with them before I had the husband and I am glad that despite our having grown up and got responsible jobs and in the process of trying to raise our children we do know how to leave that stuff behind for one night and totally indulge ourselves in drinks and dancing and jokes and smokes!

3. How has the past decade been compared to the one before that?

In a word "busy."

The decade previous to the last was really all about me, me and more me and some travel and despite becoming a lawyer still trying to work out what I was going to be when I grew up and being with P.

This past decade has been about having 2 children, buying and selling houses, trying to forge a career yet not forging so far ahead that the children are forgotten. It's the decade where I have the least sleep ever in my life and earned more money yet spent less money on me.

4. How would you feel if Gabriella decides to adopt her husband's name if/when she gets married in the future?

Oh I wouldn't worry about it - if it is HER personal choice so long as her husband to be doesn't insist she change her name. If her husband to be insisted I wouldn't be too happy about it.

I have always said that if I had have married 5 years earlier than I did I may have changed my name too.

A secretary from our work who is quite a malleable young girl on the Friday night a week before her wedding was being harassed by our boss not to change her name. I thought the pressure to NOT change her name was just as bad as there being pressure to change her name - because she said her husband to be didn't mind.

5. What was Elliot's first word? When did he utter them and how did you feel?

Babies first words, I find are one of those milestones that it is really quite hard to determine exactly when and what was said. I think he said the usual da,da and I don't really count as a real word. I think he said something quite male really like "car" his obsession with cars started early I was amazed that he knew how to push a toy car and say "vrooom" when no one had ever even shown him how.

I can quite clearly remember him saying his first swear word though after I had dropped my heavy Le Cruset frypan on the floor, "Mummy, you say sit, sit" he said. "Where did you hear that ?"I asked him incredulously "You, mummy" he replies. I then feel about this small.

The milestones which are my favourites with Elliot is the first time he has he told me he knew what it meant to use his manners without being reminded and apologising without my asking him to do so.

These are the The Official Interview Game Rules if anyone else wants to play.

1. If you want to participate, leave a comment below saying "interview me."

2. I will respond by asking you five questions - each person's will be different.

3. You will update your journal/blog with the answers to the questions.

4. You will include this explanation and an offer to interview others in the same post.

5. When others comment asking to be interviewed, you will ask them five questions.

6 Comments:

At 10:55 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oooh! Oooh! Interview me! I've love being asked about myself... ;o)

- OLS

 
At 7:11 pm, Blogger Amanda said...

Here is you interview questions OLS?

1. What would a person (particularly a man) have to say or be to make the best first impression on you?

2. What makes you choose to live in Brisbane over any other place in Australia or indeed the world?

3. How would describe your personal style?

4. What has girlfriend ever done to you or what would they have to do to make you write them off completely?

5. What would you plan to do if you wanted a day of complete self -indulgence?

Let me know when your done.

 
At 11:12 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Alrighty! I'm done. Thanks for those - you certainly got me thinking on some of them.

- OLS

 
At 6:16 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

INTERVIEW ME! I love these things - I get to blab without having to think about what to blab about.

 
At 9:56 pm, Blogger Amanda said...

This is quite an interesting little game reviewing how much you think already know about the person you interview and trying to explore things further.

Looking forward to reading your answers Elissa.


1. What was your greatest fashion faux pax?

(Excuse me if you haven’t made one, I just assume most ladies who worked and played in the 80’s must have at least one – I’ll fess up now and say mine was white cowboy boots – which are currently staging a comeback!)

2. What would you say is your greatest strength as a mother?

3. Is there anything in particular that you learned from your mother that you would like to pass on to Nell?

4. Describe your perfect meal (including drinks)?

5. Is there anything you would do differently if you had the opportunity to do so?

 
At 9:03 pm, Blogger Amanda said...

Questions for Sarni

1. Who is the person that most inspires you and why?

2. What do you consider to be the greatest injustice?

3. Is there anything you have discovered about your partner that you wish you could change?

4. Where do you see yourself in 10 years time?

5. What is your achilles heel?

Looking forward to your answers let me know when your finished.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home