8/29/2006

Home

I am here I am not at work. In fact I have not been at work for about a week and two days! On holidays so I have to enjoy it while I can. We did go somewhere else and dined here and here.

There were no kiddies for 3 glorious nights - just big fluffy pillows and lots of sleep and good food, company and shopping. P and I dream of moving to this city we love, love, love it down there.

But being the slack buggers that we are, we won't put the effort into moving but who knows.. one day.

So apart from going to Melbourne and the Sunshine Coast I am spending this week with my very hilarious daughte who keeps us very amused with her growing vocabulary and impish antics.

Not all fun and games unfortunately I have to find her some alternative day care for about 3 days - while her Aunt recovers from pneumonia. It has been difficult but nevertheless it has been arranged and at a cost of course. She is quite a confident child so I am hoping that having this change will not be too hard.

So what does a busy working mother do in her down time well yesterday I cleaned my oven and pantry out - what enormous jobs they were especially since the oven was just belted this winter with roasts galore.

I will return to this later I am feeling bad that I am writing instead of spending time with Gabi.

3 Comments:

At 9:41 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a good time down here - did you know that Vue de Monde just won Restaurant of the Year in the Good Food Guide, and also got three hats? They say it's the first time they've given a restaurant 19/20...

sarni

 
At 10:11 am, Blogger Amanda said...

No I didn't know that. Do you think you and J will try it? I can't imagine having the need to go again, there are so many other restaurants I have wanted to try in Melbourne so next visit I may just try the cheap cafe side of Vue De Monde and do places like Donovan's and France Soir.


Thanks again for your contribution in making it a great trip.

 
At 6:55 am, Blogger Amanda said...

Hey Anyresemblance, you the slacker! That's a joke its me, its me.

No significant changes for my work which is great, though I have an interview for my job next week, it may be a blessing in disguise if I don't get it. I have lots of work coming up and even more people to manage under the proposed informal reporting arrangements. My boss is planning a 5 week vacation in Europe, and I am sure what has happened will happen again, I will be defacto her which everyone will expect me to deliver for her without my actually Acting for her! Meanwhile the person acting for her leaves work at 4.30pm grrrrrrrrrrr. One of the reasons I can't post about work, I could go on and on and on...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home